Activamune/DIM

Tell the community your story. How has HPV affected your life?

Moderator: moldy

Activamune/DIM

Postby LookForward » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:10 am

I was wondering if anyone had any information in regards, specifically, to the vitamin supplement called Activamune. Supposedly it is manufactured by a lab that works in conjunction with Berkeley University. So I assume that the Web site posts credible information.
The site says that the vitamin kills HPV, but does not mention GW. It says that they are studying the effects on cervical cancer, but that it helps with RPP, a Papillomae disease of the respiratory track.
So my questions, in case you got lost, are: has anyone heard of info about this vitamin, and would it be safe to conclude that if it kills some forms of HPV, not mentioned specifically, that it would be beneficial for all forms since the viruses are related?
I will purchase the product on Monday and I will plan on taking it for 2 months. I will post regular updates about any progress.
www.activamune.com
LookForward
Super H-elper
Super H-elper

hi

Postby mentalanguish » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:56 pm

i'm not sure about 'killing' the virus, although maintaining a healthy immune system is one way of helping your body deal with the virus.

it's early days for me, but i've been using red marine algae for just over a week, it has antiviral properties they say, and is effective against herpes viruses, and hpv is mentioned also. i just figured anything is worth a go for me, providing it is safe. i'm on vitamins and that stuff, and trying to be healthier allround really.

have to wait and see but if it works alongside treatments and results in me clearing symptoms then it is worth it! i'll be interested to hear how you get on with activamune, i saw it while i was researching stuff on the net.
mentalanguish
H-elps alot!
H-elps alot!

Postby suchadrag » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:08 pm

It absolutely doesn't kill the virus. Were that the case, we could cure it by stuffing our faces full of broccoli or kale for a day or two. It has been discussed a bit on the Treatments section of this forum. Try the search function.
suchadrag
H-ercules Poster
H-ercules Poster

Postby LookForward » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:43 pm

We'll see, but it says you would have to eat something like 5 lbs. of the veggies a day to get the amount of DIM in activamune. It just arrived in the mail today, so I am pretty excited about it. I hope that with the combination of these vitamins and my current treatment of aldaral and cryo my hpv will be symptom free in 2 months. I have been treating warts since Aug. and have seen some improvements. But, I hope that these vitamins will add the extra boost -- after all it costs $40 for a month's supply! But it's not all that bad, every purchase directly support research of nature-based treatments for cancer, AIDS, and other diseases (that means HPV!).
LookForward
Super H-elper
Super H-elper

Postby carpediem111 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:54 pm

Well keep us updated. However, the supplements may take a few months to fully work
carpediem111
Super H-elper
Super H-elper

Postby Bell » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:44 pm

It sounds interesting to me... let us know your progress.

You know, I think that no harm can be done by trying to boost your immune system like this, and that it also can make you feel like you're being proactive about fighting this virus. These are all good things no matter what the outcome.

Just my two cents.
Diagnosed low risk July '05.

No symptoms since September '05 - Touch wood!
Bell
H-ero!
H-ero!

Postby LookForward » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:47 pm

Is there anyone out there that is familiar enough with nutrition that could advise me on whether or not I should continue taking other vitamins with these Activamune vitamins? I was taking garlic pills, zinc, and vit. e in fairly large quantities for about a month before I bought Activamune.

Thanks!

p.s. I provided the link below so you can see exactly what is in Activamune.

http://www.activamune.com/product.htm
LookForward
Super H-elper
Super H-elper

activamune update

Postby LookForward » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:25 am

well here's an update for all of you:
I am almost done with my 1 month supply of activamune. I just went into the doc today to have a check-up and cryo. The dr. was impressed with my progress, especially with my anal warts.
Within the last month I have not had any new warts develop -- at least as far as I can tell. I do have a suspicious bump that the dr. said probably is not a wart, but rather just irritated skin. He looked at it under a lighted microscope, so I trust his diagnose, but I will continue to keep a watchfull eye on it.
Anyway, I am going to order another bottle of Activamune. It is a lot easier than taking 10 different kinds of vitamins, and I personally feel that it is helping. I am continuing with cryo and aldara. And of course I am not a spokesperson for the activamune brand. Actually, the company has close ties to Berkely University, so that is one reason I trust them so much.

I will post another update at the end of next month's supply. Wish me luck -- my goal is to be wart free by the end of the next month!!

Has anyone else tried out this product? Let me know your results if you're out there!
LookForward
Super H-elper
Super H-elper

Re ActivaMune

Postby adrian_g » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:19 pm

My doctor recommended that I take ActivaMune three months ago. However, he recommended that I take double the dosage (4 capsules per day) for higher efficacy.

Three months into it most of my genital warts are gone! I'm very excited about this product and highly recommend it. My doctor said that it usually may take up to six months before all warts are gone and that is when I can come back down to the regular 1x dosage of ActivaMune to prevent the recurrence of warts.

ActivaMune's principal ingredient is currently in Phase III clinical trials for Cervical Dysplasia caused by HPV and is used as a therapeutic for RRP tumors also caused by HPV so there is a lot of clinical evidence that it indeed works. The selenium and lutein in ActivaMune are also supposed to be very helpful in fighting HPV.

So I highly recommend this product to everyone. There seems to be a lot of science behind it and some fairly well-known scientists as well from UC Berkeley.
adrian_g
New User
New User

Postby LookForward » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:45 pm

adrian--
sadly activamune has not worked as well as I prematurely thought. however, i had never thought to take double the dosage. i have been taking 2 capsules a day for almost two months? Are you saying that I should continue taking activamune but take 2 in the am and 2 in the pm?
LookForward
Super H-elper
Super H-elper

Re ActivaMune

Postby adrian_g » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:29 am

Yes. 4 capsules a day did it for me. (2 w breakfast / 2 w lunch or dinner)

I also tried to exercise and lose weight as the active ingredient is a fat-soluble compound and fat-soluble nutrients have a lower bioavailability in obese individuals, as they get stuck in the fat cells in the body and don't reach the infected areas as easily. This has been demonstrated with other fat-soluble nutrients such as Vitamin D. I lost 20 pounds since I started the program and jog and go the gym on a regular basis. I've also cut down on my carbs and try to eat more healthy foods with lots of fruits and vegetables. I've cut down on my caloric intake in the evenings as that contributes to fat development.

Drinking a lot of fluids has also been helpful similar to what docs recommend when one catches another virus - the common flu.

Eating a lot of raw Brassica veggies has also been helpful (broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower). Cooking these veggies destroys their anti-viral phytonutrient. If eaten as a part of a salad with some olive oil and fresh lemon juice, they can actually be quite tasty.

Sleeping more has also been helpful in my opinion. You should try to clock at least 8 hours a day. Lack of sleep can have a very negative impact on the immune system.

The active ingredient in ActivaMune has reached Phase III clinical trials for Cervical Dysplasia (caused by HPV) so that means that in Phase II clinical trials human clinical efficacy has been established. It has also been used for years to treat RRP tumors also caused by HPV. So the stuff works and has a lot of science behind it. It should be a part of a holistic approach to health improvement though in my opinion.

Good luck to you.
Last edited by adrian_g on Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
adrian_g
New User
New User

Postby Infected? » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:13 am

Thank you, LF and Adrian, for posting this information on this supplement! Just this morning, I was thinking how much I'd like to find out if there are any credentialed holistic approaches because I don't like to pump a lot of unnecessary drugs into my body. I will definitely be looking into this stuff.

And I can absolutely vouch that stronger immunity overall will help you fight warts. My ex, who may have infected me, had compromised immunity already due to diabetes, but the few "outbreaks" he had were linked to times he was run down, or sick from something else already. When I spoke with my doctor about what I could do, her first advice to me was to quit smoking.. which I will be working on. But thanks, I feel a lot better knowing, in the meantime, that there is something out there with at least some "street credit" that I can do.
Infected?
H-elper
H-elper

Postby LookForward » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:43 pm

Thanks Adrian. I would like to try activamune again but, 4x a day this time. however that would be so expensive--about 80 dollars a month. have you come across any other vitamins with the same ingredients that are cheaper?
LookForward
Super H-elper
Super H-elper

Re ActivaMune

Postby adrian_g » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:43 am

They have a monthly program through which you can save $12 per bottle with free shipping. They also recently launched a savings program that you can look into.

According to my doctor, the specific combination of the nutrients in ActivaMune optimizes the product's effect on the immune system so he recommended it over other stuff out there. It's also made in the USA by some well-known doctors at UC Berkeley which to me was an important factor.

The product worked for me so I've stuck with them.

Happy new year.
adrian_g
New User
New User

Any progress??

Postby hmph » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:42 pm

Look forward - looking into activamune now. did you have any progress with uping your dosage?
hmph
New User
New User

Next

Return to Personal Experiences - Let it all out!