DNCB Treatment of Warts (90% cure rate?)

Discuss the various treatment options with others. Find the option thats best for you.

Moderator: moldy

DNCB Treatment of Warts (90% cure rate?)

Postby Be Clear » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:13 am

I think I may have good news. It hasn't worked on me yet. but it may for 90% of us...

After treating for the past year (diag 3/07) and failing to clear the GWs on my PENIS with Aldara, Electro-caut. (2-3x's), at home cryo and podophylline. and finally going to a derm with lasers (not one but three) who said he didn't laser GWs when I showed to the appointment, I had the happy accident of getting referred to a Dr. Strick at UCLA who specializes in warts. He said that people w/ HPV GWs find their way to him after failing with the traditional methods.

--Yes, that-would-be-me-and-thank-you-very-much-where-do-I-sign-up?!!!

I only just got the initial dose to make me allergic, so I'm going to type up the relevant parts of the info sheet they dumped on me after spraying this shit on my arm. (And keep you all updated with my progress in this topic.)

"DNCB treatment is a useful for warts which either failed other treatment methods or when other treatment methods are likely to fail or are impractical for one reason or the other. It is discussed in detail below.

DNCB TREATMENT OF WARTS

DNCB is a synthetic compound whose full name is 1-chloro-2,4-dinitrobenzene. This agent can be used as bait to attack the warts once these cells have been taught to recognize DNCB as a foreign compound. Nearly all individuals who have normal immune function can be made to be allergic to DNCB which can then be used to treat the warts. Making one allergic to this compound is not a problem in that it is not something that will be encountered in the environment, nor does it cross-react with agents to which people would normally have exposure. It has not been found to be toxic, and although it does fail bacterial screening tests (Ames' assay), it has been found that it does not cause cancer in mice in studies at the National Cancer Institute.

The first step in the process is the application of a strong concentration of DNCB (2%) to the skin. This is usually done on the shoulder or occasionally the thigh is used. Then the body is given two weeks to learn to recognize this is an allergen and then patch testing is done in order to determine the level of allergy which has developed. This is done by application of six weaker concentrations of the compound to the shoulder. These range from 0.1% to 0.000001% DNCB. After keeping the patches dry for two days the reading of them is done in order to determine the strength that is to be prescribed. Then the medication is to be applied in concentration and frequency of application to keep a low level of inflammation around the warts. The cells migrate in from underneath going through the warts to get at the DNCB and destroy the warts from the inside out in the process.

[b]Cure rates with this treatment have been about 90% of the patients with the most resistant warts.[/b] The length of treatment averages about four months, but many cases are much faster and some are significantly slower. About 1% of the time the warts entirely disappear just from the application of the original sensitizing dose. Side effects include a mild itching and inflammatory reaction in the areas of treatment, and also an inflammatory response at the site of the initial application. The area usually gets red, it may have some swelling and perhaps a blister. It may leave a discoloration of the skin, either lighter or darker, than the normal color which may take weeks to months to go totally back to the normal color."

Richard Strick
Clinical Professor of Dermatology
UCLA School of Medicine

Then there are some tips for usage, etc.--but whatever--You get the gist of it.

It said 90%... it said CURE rate my fellow HPVsupporters... this is different than removal--as Dr. Strick explained it to me, this is forcing an immunity where your body had a blind spot. This could be normalcy.

Richard A. Strick M.D., Inc.
Dermatology and Dermatological Surgery
100 UCLA Medical Plaza, Suite 660
Los Angeles, Ca 90095-6994
(310) 794-1573

I hope this helps a significant portion of us--

Be Clear.
Last edited by Be Clear on Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be Clear
New User
New User

Postby CeterumCenseo » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:42 am

I found a small (and very old) clinical trial, that confirms the effect of DNCB in treatment of genital warts.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2486 ... d_RVDocSum

So keep us up to date, if it really works.
CeterumCenseo
H-elps alot!
H-elps alot!

Postby queen bee » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:23 pm

thats very interesting :D
queen bee
H-elps alot!
H-elps alot!

Postby Kube8 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:05 pm

So how can they really attach the word "cure" to this? Does this eradicate the hpv virus living in that area of the skin completely? Also, just to play devil's advocate...... if this has been around for years and years (that article looks like it was from 1989), why is it not used more regularly to treat even less invasive warts?
Kube8
Super H-elper
Super H-elper

Postby Kube8 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:19 pm

Also..... could this be used for vaginal or anal warts or just on the "outside parts?"
Kube8
Super H-elper
Super H-elper

Postby pbc123 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:04 pm

is this treatment something most dermatologist would have or is it only offered by Dr Strick ?
pbc123
H-elper
H-elper

Postby CeterumCenseo » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:17 am

Kube8 wrote: if this has been around for years and years (that article looks like it was from 1989), why is it not used more regularly to treat even less invasive warts?

Because it wasn't efficient in follow-up studies: e.g.: http://www.ijdvl.com/article.asp?issn=0 ... ulast=Shah

And it is (was?) supposed to be carcinogenic. Actually i don't know the study, which should have proofed the opposite. But it seems like there is one?
CeterumCenseo
H-elps alot!
H-elps alot!

Postby gadsden » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:24 pm

wow this is crazy, does anyone have more info on this?
gadsden
H-elper
H-elper

Postby UnluckyToTheMax » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:30 pm

Is this done only by that doctor? Or is it a relatively common practice?
UnluckyToTheMax
New User
New User

Postby TheEnd » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:20 pm

I think the cure is in Asia my friends. It sounds very similar to a treatment done in China on moles. Let's see if we can get our hands on some of this stuff? unfortunately U.S. pharmacies keep our options limited and their profits high off of our very easy to treat skin condition.
You have to consider the possibility that God does not like you. He never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you. This is not the worst thing that can happen. I let go.I found freedom. Losing all hope was freedom.
TheEnd
New User
New User

It works

Postby Be Clear » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:45 pm

I said I'd update you, I just wanted to wait until I had something to report.

I've been treating since the end of February--it made my penis shed like crazy. Skin falling off everywhere that I applied the medicine. It's a gel that looks a lot like vaseline BTW.

It totally cleared the warts on the head and just below it that had continued to reappear within weeks of the other treatments. Nothing has come back so far and I can tell that it's new skin vs. seeing what was suspect even immediately after the sacb fell off after the other treatments. I don't see any of the same problems with potential scarring that I had with the other treatments--it's looking better than pre-DNCB treatment as a matter of fact. Odd but true.

I saw Strick about 2-3 weeks ago and he said he was amazed at how well it was working on me, and just wanted me to hit another spot that was a little iffy--but that he'd probably be giving me my diploma (free and clear) when I see him in a month.

I asked if it can be used on women and he said externally, but internally would be a mess and would probably be applied by a gyno but then the problem is how to keep the med in place and not touch the rest of the walls -- I've been using bandaids to keep the med off the rest of my junk.

Apart from seeing no return of the one wart that would not go away for shit (vs. the new growths that came post treatment) the other reason I think this icould mean immunity is that I can't even feel them growing back, I used to get a deep itching in my skin almost immediately post-treatment and before they would pop up again and no such feeling after this stuff.

& yes other MDs are doing this, Strick said he does lectures on it around the country. Try calling his office and asking for a referral if LA isn't nearby.
Last edited by Be Clear on Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be Clear
New User
New User

Test patches

Postby Be Clear » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 am

Oh yeah--Have them do it on your thigh/ass or someplace you don't mind semi-scarring. The initial test/allergy exposures were the only ones that hurt my skin to the point of scarring but again those are healing faster than true "scarring".
Be Clear
New User
New User

Postby Be Clear » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:11 am

[quote="CeterumCenseo"][quote="Kube8"] if this has been around for years and years (that article looks like it was from 1989), why is it not used more regularly to treat even less invasive warts?[/quote]

Because it wasn't efficient in follow-up studies: e.g.: http://www.ijdvl.com/article.asp?issn=0 ... ulast=Shah

And it is (was?) supposed to be carcinogenic. Actually i don't know the study, which should have proofed the opposite. But it seems like there is one?[/quote]

RE: carcinogenic potential:

Is DNCB A Worthwhile Treatment Option?
Dr. Lemont: Does anybody use DNCB?
Dr. Salk: I think the FDA looked at DNCB a few years back and recommended against its use due to possible teratogenic effects.

Here one can see eradication of the wart on the same foot three months after treatment with bleomycin.

Dr. Lemont: I think it failed an Ames test, but there was never any issue in terms of unit carcinogenicity. There have been a lot of articles written on its use. While there are times when it didn’t work at all, I can tell you there have been times when I have gotten miraculous results. As far as I know, there has never been a case reported in the literature with DNCB having any carcinogenic potential in humans.
On a rare occasion in which I see an extensive amount of warts that are not perhaps associated with liver transplant or AIDS or something like that, I will use it.
A mother came in with her 3-month-old baby. The mother had AIDS, was immunosuppressed and had warts throughout her body. The warts were transmitted to the baby and it looked like the baby had a keratoderma of both soles. Using DNCB, we ended up getting sloughing of the warts week by week.

http://www.podiatrytoday.com/article/2608
Be Clear
New User
New User

Re: DNCB Treatment of Warts (90% cure rate?)

Postby Be Clear » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:12 am

Still clear and no recurrence (2/2010)
Be Clear
New User
New User

Re: DNCB Treatment of Warts (90% cure rate?)

Postby Be Clear » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:16 am

and Strick travels the country lecturing other derms so I would call around your locale and if you strike out try his office for a referral, I bet he can find someone closer than LA if that's an issue
Be Clear
New User
New User

Next

Return to Treatment Options