can apple cider vinegar make genital warts worse

Discuss the various treatment options with others. Find the option thats best for you.

Moderator: moldy

can apple cider vinegar make genital warts worse

Postby fedupofthis » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:36 am

I have recently tried the applying apple cider vinegar to my genital warts, and it stung like crazy, and now a area of skin that has no warts in all imflamed like some new ones are going to pop up!! How can that be?
I have had the warts for7 years now, I have been to docs and they just won't go. Whats up with my immune system? Wish i was one of the lucky ones whos system clears it up :-(
Please help
fedupofthis
New User
New User

Re: can apple cider vinegar make genital warts <a href=

Postby butterflies » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:52 am

I dont think ACV make it worst, It is a vinegar so my guess is it irritates the skin thats why its imflamed. Maybe it is not right treatment for you, maybe your skin is too sensitive :(, give it few weeks. ..Mine got much worst before it got better but now they are almost gone, I say almost because I know I have one or two, it just I am so tired of checking myself and I gave it a rest for a bit (its been few weeks) I apply ACV once a week maybe and my skin looks pretty much normal, i am going to gyn for a check up soon and then we'll see...
butterflies
Super H-elper
Super H-elper

Postby fedupofthis » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:06 am

butterflies wrote:I dont think ACV make it worst, It is a vinegar so my guess is it irritates the skin thats why its imflamed. Maybe it is not right treatment for you, maybe your skin is too sensitive :(, give it few weeks. ..Mine got much worst before it got better but now they are almost gone, I say almost because I know I have one or two, it just I am so tired of checking myself and I gave it a rest for a bit (its been few weeks) I apply ACV once a week maybe and my skin looks pretty much normal, i am going to gyn for a check up soon and then we'll see...

Thanks for the reply. I am just so sick of these warts! Its been 7 years grrr. Time to go back to the doctors methinks.
How do you apply the acv? I was going to leave a cotton wool bud with acv on the area over night, but it hurt so it had to come off, then i tried dabbing the area with tea tree oil. so thats probably why its hurting, as i used both.
Ps good luck at the gyn
fedupofthis
New User
New User

Postby butterflies » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:30 pm

I know youre sick of it, I am too! mine came back after six yrs, i thought I ll never have them again that the virus cleared out of my body and here we go again.....this time I used only ACV and worked great, I never keep it longer then an hour though, cant stand it. In the beginning was painfull and bled a bit. I used it last week last because I saw something what might be wart so just put a cotton pad soaked with ACV on it for like I said an hr, and didnt really carefully checked since , I just know it didnt get worse so living by it now....honestly i dont know if it makes a difference in keeping it on for whole night, for sure may burn your healthy skin too, just see what work for you, from the opinions here Ive noticed reactions to it are so different ...good luck :)
butterflies
Super H-elper
Super H-elper

Postby hopeful4thefuture » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:16 pm

It personally has not made mine worse but when I was using a makeup remover pad in that area it really irritated my healthy skin as well as the wart. The makeup pad was way to big and was touching a lot of healthy skin. So I was getting tired of my butt crack hurting so now I use a qtip and put it only on the wart and that has helped tremendosly. My healthy skin without the warts is fine the only thing thats suffering is the wart. I also leave it on all night I have a high pain tolerance and it stops burning after about 10 minutes. Good Luck :)
I have a positive outlook and refuse to change that
Diagnosed with a wart 6/26/09 wart gone 7/28/09(organic ACV)
hopeful4thefuture
H-ercules Poster
H-ercules Poster

Postby basherano » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:47 pm

Hi ppl,
I realised I had HPV quite recently as I noticed some warts on my scrotum. I have 3 quite big ones and lots of little ones. I have not yet been to a doctor but am going tomorrow. I started using ACV after reading that it helped a lot of people. Today was the third day of application, and so far there have been no positive changes. However, I noticed today a large lump attached to my scrotum on the inside. All my warts were on the external so this is seriously worrying me. The lump is a strange shape too - it doesn't feel round but more like a cylinder shape. I am seriously concerned and don't know what to think. Could it be cancerous?
PLEASE HELP! I am sooo scared. Thanks
basherano
New User
New User

Postby hopeful4thefuture » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:22 pm

basherano wrote:Hi ppl,
I realised I had HPV quite recently as I noticed some warts on my scrotum. I have 3 quite big ones and lots of little ones. I have not yet been to a doctor but am going tomorrow. I started using ACV after reading that it helped a lot of people. Today was the third day of application, and so far there have been no positive changes. However, I noticed today a large lump attached to my scrotum on the inside. All my warts were on the external so this is seriously worrying me. The lump is a strange shape too - it doesn't feel round but more like a cylinder shape. I am seriously concerned and don't know what to think. Could it be cancerous?
PLEASE HELP! I am sooo scared. Thanks

I think its great that your going to a doctor tomorrow so that he can answer a lot of your questions about the lump. But about the ACV if you are using the generic version that might be why its not working. I use the organic Braggs and its has worked great. I used the generic version at first because I thought it was really ACV. Also I leave the ACV on all night, it stays in place with a bandaide (sp? I can't figure out how to spell it for some reason). Good Luck
I have a positive outlook and refuse to change that
Diagnosed with a wart 6/26/09 wart gone 7/28/09(organic ACV)
hopeful4thefuture
H-ercules Poster
H-ercules Poster

Postby basherano » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:35 pm

Thank you for such swift feedback 'hopeful4thefuture'.

The ACV is blaitantly generic as it was just the cheapest bottle I could find in Sainsburys. I'm gonna stop using it and see what the doctor says I should do tomorrow.

I was just doing some research into the lump and think it could be 'hydrocele'. Here is the description I found:

"A soft lump in the scrotum, especially if you can get your fingers between it and the testicle, is most likely to be a hydrocele. This is a collection of sterile fluid in the cord attached to the testicle, which is invariably harmless. Left untreated, a hydrocele can grow to a large size and cause discomfort, so they are usually best drained early." [http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/menshealth/facts/testicularlumps.htm]

I feel relieved and can now put all my focus on getting rid of the GWs.
basherano
New User
New User

Postby HealthJunkie » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:08 am

This is my experience. Before I only had 3 or 4 near my under my penis head. I treated those with ACV and ACV turned my skin
raw. I didn't localize the treatment, but just used paste all under the forskin area thinking it would kill anything. I believe that it opened up other skin areas
and spread it. Now where I had 3 or 4, i have 5 even after the warts fell off and came back 1 month later. After 1 month later
the new warts popped up on the other side of my penis that was also raw. ACV will only kill surface warts. Some warts are very deep and ACV
will never get to them simply because the ACV process is too painful. You can use it for 1 week, but after that you're dying for
the skin to heal. You only got to half of the wart. Now if you spread ACV like on a cottonball that is larger than the wart,
you will most likely cause cracks in your skin for the virus to spread.

I personally think ACV is ineffective. For one it causes too much pain and will remove the wart temporarily. It looks nice not feeling
bumps on your skin for a while, but 1 month later it will come back and more will come with it. The goal is to get to the root of the warts which is through electrocautery or through direct injections underneath the skin.

Another remedy that has very good potential is Green Tea Paste. This is still up in the air, but research has shown it very
promising.
HealthJunkie
Super H-elper
Super H-elper

Postby The_Zen_Master » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:25 am

Your immune system needs a little help. I found a supplement that contains Olive Leaf Extract, Elderberry Extract, Echinacea, Goldenseal, and Astragalus, among other beneficial immune boosting herbs. Ontop of that, I am taking Green Tea Extract and a seperate Olive Leaf Extract supplement. I wash all of that down with some Yerba Mate and Echinacea tea. Mate is a catalyst for releasing the powerful effects of other herbs. It is a very nice delivery system for all of this. The Echinacea provides short term immunity boosts. Take a multi-vitamin and additional B Complex vitamins (I was instructed by a doctor because the extra B's you just pee out harmlessly). The topic "How to Destroy HPV" first introduced me to the power of an herbal offense. After a 4 year GW problem with no treatment offering any relief I was ready to try something new. I believe herbal anti-viral supplements should be taken seriously. I had a lot fewer warts recur after the last cryo, and the ones that did are very very small. The herbs are working with my immune system beautifully. Some cardio and a healthy diet doens't hurt either. Good luck everyone. Please try some herbal supplements.
The_Zen_Master
Super H-elper
Super H-elper

Return to Treatment Options