Veregen (sinecatechins)

Discuss the various treatment options with others. Find the option thats best for you.

Moderator: moldy

Veregen (sinecatechins)

Postby chicagogal » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:07 pm

I would like to start an update of my treatment with genital warts with Veregen.
On the perscription handout, it says cure rates are 47% for men and 61% for women after 10-16 weeks. Recurrence rates are low at 6.8% after 12 weeks. It's an ointment made from green tea and stimulates the immune system to kill and repair the skin.
So here's where I'll begin.
I'm not sure if I have a mild or severe case. My warts are diffuse and spread all over my pupic area and also in my vagina. My skin has white dots (almost like chicken skin) that you can only see when you stretch the skin. I have 5-8 raised/but mostly flat warts near the entrance to my vagina.
I decided to do some journal searches on treatment options and found Veregen. I'm all for natural methods. My Dr. had never even heard of it, but looked it up and was open to anything, considering my unique situation (surgury or freezing would be difficult since it all so spread out).
It has been 6 days so far. I put it on 3 times a day all over. It doesn't hurt or burn, but the top layer of my skin peels off after every application. I literally have to rub all the old skin off before putting more Veregen on. Since Veregen is an extract from green tea leaves, and it acts on the immune system in the skin to promote healthy cell growth, I'm thinking the sloughing off of the old skin is a positive result of this treatment.
I also noticed on day 3 that one of my white dots on my labia turned black, like a tiny blackhead. It is still black today and now about 6-10 others are starting to turn black also. If you count all of the tiny white spots on my labia I probably have 1000 so it's not so impressive (6/1000- wooptie doo), but it's encouraging. I'm noticing that things are changing down there. Some areas look clear of white dots, while others have larger white dots, almost like pimples.
I keep telling myself that in some cases, it gets worse before it gets better.
The flat and raised warts near my vagina are much decreased, but not gone. I think those will take some time in going away because they have a larger surface area than the tiny white dots.
Also, I noticed a couple new growths, but they were fleeting and I only noticed them once and now they are gone.
I think that this is an extraordinary product that everyone who is considering Aldara should try first. It costs $260 (cheaper than Aldara) without insurance. However, since I'm using it liberally all over my labia, I'm almost 1/3 gone. So that means I'll probably have to refill this every few weeks. I'll update my story as my healing process with Veregen continues. *I should also not that I am a healthy and young person who does not do drugs, rarely drinks, and never smokes. I think it will take some time before I'm completely healed but I have a lot of faith in this product since it 1)is all natural, 2)is an immunomodulator, and 3)has a high cure rate and a very low recurrence rate.
chicagogal
New User
New User

Re: Veregen (sinecatechins)

Postby chicagogal » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:21 pm

Day 7.
It's pretty gnarly down there-lots of skin falling off and necrosis of old tissue.
I still have about 12 little black dots, one which has now formed on my clitoris. Great. I didn't even know my little baby had a wart there....I'm glad that one is dying.
Also, I now have two spots where warts were near my vagina have turned brown and white and discharge-y. It's very gross. I hope those don't turn into blisters or get infected. I read one girl who had an infected blister from Veregen and she had to stop doing it in order to take antibiotics. I applied some neosporin to fight infection and wont be piling on the Veregen near these spots.
My reactions to this medicine is extraordinary! I know my body's fighting the HPV and this medicine is assisting it. I now know how severe my warts were. I have tons, but they were all so close to the skin that I never even knew... All of the white dots over my labia are much softer and the larger ones are about 10-25% decreased.
The skin peeling off is increasing, but I'm okay with that. It doesn't hurt and leaves fresh new pink skin underneath. This stuff is really working for me so I hope to God that I am one of the 61% of women who get complete clearance in 16 weeks. I am not a patient person, but this disease has taught me patience and perseverance . I know I will be sticking to this for 16 weeks or until my warts are gone and will update this as my progress continues.
chicagogal
New User
New User

Postby chicagogal » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:58 pm

Day 8.
The 2 warts by my vagina have gotten pretty gross looking-lots of peeling and yellow discharge and swelling. It doesn't hurt bad but I didn't want to put more Veregen on it so I'm not applying it to those areas today. I just put some Neosporin on it and I'm leaving it be for today. I don't want it to get infected and have to quit the Veregen. Other than this issue, everything else is good.
The other warts around my vagina are still smaller than they were a week ago when I started the Veregen. I also had some skin tag-like warts near my urethra which have almost disappeared altogether-yay!
The biggest black spot on my labia and the spot on my clitoris has fallen off, like a scab. They left like a crater in place, which is a bit swollen and sore. I also put Neosporin on these two spots and am avoiding the Veregen until they heal.
The only places I put the Veregen today are on my labia, not near the black spots, and on the skin around my labia (like where the hair begins).
I'm feeling down about all of this, but am glad I'm having a reaction to it all. I've also been taking lots of vitamins and minerals this last month or so and eating right.
The only thing I'm really concerned about are the warts inside of my vagina. They get bigger and grow, then get smaller until they almost all go away, then come back even worse again for the last 2 months. It's pretty crazy. I have a coposcopy Dec. 9 so hopefully she has some treatment for those. Arg. Bad day. I can't WAIT until I start getting better!!!!!
I should also say that I've tried ACV on all of my warts and nothing happened to them like what the Veregen's doing. Since I have such flat warts, I really believe that Veregen was the best choice for me.
chicagogal
New User
New User

Postby playwithvd » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:06 pm

My experience (I am male) with Veregen was nothing like this. I used it for several weeks and didn't really see an effect. I gave up on it and went back on 0.5% podofilox (Condylox). Clinical trials report 70%+ cure rates in 1 month (http://journals.lww.com/greenjournal/Ab ... ox.19.aspx, http://grande.nal.usda.gov/ibids/index. ... row=275216) , but the recurrence rates are a fair bit higher. It hasn't been able to eliminate the warts for me, but it does seem to do a better job. I'll probably apply what's left of my Veregen after it's taken out the visible warts.
playwithvd
Super H-elper
Super H-elper

Postby chicagogal » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:09 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Yeah I would have tried condolyx but since i have so many warts so close to the skin I would have essentially been glooping it on all over(not smart since it's an acid). Good luck with your healing!
So bad update. It's day 10.
I made a big mistake by doing an ACV treatment to my internal warts (tampon soaked in ACV). I've done it before about 5 times and it works great by getting rid of the warts but they grow back in like a week or so. Anyway, I shouldn't have done it, because one wart by the entrance to my vagina exploded in size. It's freaking huge and sore and nasty looking. I didn't do anything, no ACV, no Veregen for 24 hrs but it didn't go down. It's sore and hard and red and gross. I've been putting Veregen on it today twice and it turned all white and some parts are turning black. And it really hurts. I think it might be infected so if it doesn't get better, I'll have to go in to get checked out and maybe go on antibiotics. Arg! Why did this crap happen to me!!!??? I'm feeling really depressed and not in the mood for this shi* anymore! Go away warts! I want my life back!!!
chicagogal
New User
New User

Postby chicagogal » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:13 pm

Day 13
So that ACV treatment in my vagina was the worst decision of my life.
I'm almost positive that the swelling that occured were the glands surrounding my vagina (Bartholins glands). One became infected and swollen to the point of being painful and hardened (it's common I guess). But the pain is gone and the swelling is almost all down now. Unfortunately, I think I gave myself a major internal infection. There's discharge, I'm bleeding, and my lower abdomin hurts a lot. I bet it's Pelvic Inflammatory Disease or something similar to that. I have an appt. in 2 days with the Gyne to hopefully get some antibiotics.
It really sucks because now all of my warts are back to almost exactly where they were when I started Veregen. ARGGGG! They literally popped up again after I did that ACV treatment. IDIOT!!
I'm so so so stressed because of all of this. I can't hardly take it anymore! I just so badly want my vagina back.
I don't know if I'll continue the Veregen after the Gyne appt. I may start Aldara instead. I'll see what my Dr. has to say about my wart progress. If she thinks they've gotten smaller, then I'll stick with it. I mean, Ive only completed like 10% of the total treatment time. We'll see. Maybe once I get antibiotics too, the warts will go down again (even disappear--hopeful thinking) since my immune system is in the gutter with this infection down there.
Sorry for the venting. Will update later.
chicagogal
New User
New User

Postby sunny50 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:21 pm

Hey,

I used vergen and stop applying it 3 times a day.
I would give your body a break and then if you decide to use veregen dont apply 3 times a day/
I was so scared bc it got pretty severe down there
Honestly lots of areas that i thought i didnt have warts turn white then black.
As women we have a lot going on down there I think they were just oily glands that reacted to veregen.
I think if you used this product on a pimp it would cause the same reaction,....maybe ill test this theory out.
Honestly I let this hpv shit ruin my life ...........in hindsight I was a fool and I'm dealing with the consequences now.
It ironic now I dont even think about hpv anymore.
sunny50
H-elper
H-elper

Postby HealthJunkie » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:15 pm

I'm a guy, but she said it was the ACV that did it, not the veregen. Veregen only contains
green tea (ECGC) which won't cause that. I've used my own green tea ointment and it works, but
it doesn't seem to get deep enough to kill the virus. My HPV is below the skin and the
green tea only gets the surface areas. If you use enough it will peel the skin off killing
off the HPV infected skin. Green Tea does work, but I'm afraid it needs to be perfected
in its delivery.

I'm trying H202 also now... I just ordered my 35% food grade. I heard it works. I use 8% on
my genitals, but need something stronger for my hands. 8% doesn't seem to do shit
on my hands, but seems to be somewhat effective in the genital tissue.
HealthJunkie
Super H-elper
Super H-elper

Postby hpvgal » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:14 pm

I have been using Veregen for a little over a week and have had some positive results so far. FYI - this stuff is expensive. It cost me $260 for a small tube, but I like that the ingredients are derived from green tea. I feel way more comfortable slathering a natural product all over my vagina, then a chemically-based one. Especially since I have sensitive skin.

My warts appeared after I had the LEEP procedure for high-risk HPV in my cervix. About 1 month after the procedure, my partner noticed that I had flat, dark spots all over my labia and anal area. I went to my doctor and she did a biopsy - turns out that I had genital warts. She explained that the genital warts were probably dormant for a while (which is why I couldn't see them before), but that trauma from the LEEP procedure caused them to appear over the course of a month.

My gyno wanted to refer me to an oncologist, but I felt uncomfortable with this. So I went to another highly recommended gynecologist and he suggested that I try Veregen. He had recently been at a conference where they were praising Veregen for its success rate and for its milder side-effects. I am his first patient to try this treatment.

I have been using Veregen for a little over a week now, and a couple of the large warts have come off (7-8), although I have A LOT. It's hard to explain what they look like.
When I first put the treatment on (during first 2 days) the flat warts raised up off my skin and turned white.
I have very large ones around my anal area that look like white patches and I have smaller ones around my labia that look like white heads.
When mine die (which takes about a 5-7 days for the first one to fall off), they turn gray-white and fall off (usually when wiping).
Some warts are much more determined than others, so make sure to keep applying the treatment 3 times a day.
Even after a week, new warts begin to pop up all the time, which tend to be smaller in size. I apply treatment to these as well.

Unfortunately, my experience hasn't been pain free, but I do believe I am experiencing less pain than those who are using Aldara or vinegar to remove their warts. Sometimes it's hard to keep reapplying this stuff when the warts/skin become(s) painful to the touch, but you do because you know it is working!

It has been hard for me to walk around and sit down because I have a large amount around my anal area and they are painful, but IB Profen does help diminish the pain and make it very tolerable. Going #2 is hard too, because of where the warts are located.

In addition to IB Profen, I recommend putting Neosporin on the places where warts fall off. One night I used a little aloe vera on top of the Veregen, but I'm not sure if it helped much. I have high hopes for Veregen!!!!!
hpvgal
New User
New User

Postby hpvgal » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:10 am

It has been about a month since I first started using Veregen. All of the warts on my anal area seem to have disappeared (Yahoo!!!), but now I am dealing with incredibly itchy and painful warts on my labia (and a lot of them). For a while, I was only applying Veregen 2 times a day on my labia, because the area became so irritated and itchy when I would use it 3 times a day. However, a few days ago I decided to try using it 3 times a day again. Once again, the area is extremely irritated and itchy. I think I will go back to 2 times a day.

For some time, I have been using IB Profen in combination with Benadryl (recommended by my gyno) to manage and curb the pain and itching. Most times, it REALLY helps. I highly recommend this if you are suffering the way I am. I also take baths with baking soda and oatmeal (Aveeno makes a great one). This helps with relieving itching as well. I have tried Cortaid (1% Hydrocortisone) too.

HPV is an incredibly obnoxious and discouraging virus. I find that the warts on my vagina will peel off, only to return when I apply another layer of the Veregen. I have spent most of the last month at home because I feel so uncomfortable (I am a student and have time off - thank God) . The other day I decided to go out and spent my birthday at Great America with my fiancee. When I came home, I found that three to four new warts had appeared, probably from warts rubbing against other areas of my labia. So be careful with exercising or sweating if you have a sever case like mine!

I am just praying that these things go away soon. Good luck everybody!
hpvgal
New User
New User

Postby hpvgal » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:58 pm

Hello all!

It has been about two months since I have started my battle with these pesky genital warts. For a while there I, like many of you on this site, was becoming extremely frustrated and stressed out with my very slow progress (sometimes to the point of tears, I admit). I was supposed to start student teaching next month, but pulled out because I knew I would be unable to walk around for eight hours without feeling constantly uncomfortable (itching!).

However, I am now starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. As I have mentioned before, my case is (or was) pretty severe. After starting Veregen, I had warts pop up all over! Literally, for one month I battled about sixty-seventy around my anal area and now that those are gone I have been battling about fifty around my vaginal area. I am not, nor have I ever been, a promiscuous girl. I never would have expected that I would wind up with genital warts, but TADA! Life sends you surprises sometimes and you just have to deal and push your way through them.

Anyway, on to the light at the end of the tunnel! My mom and her friend are serious about vitamins and supplements. My mom's friend works as a researcher for a major vitamin company. She recommended that I try Dim Plus (2 pills, twice a day). My mom researched the product and found a girl, like us, who battled genital warts for a long time and tried various procedures and creams to get rid of them. When she started taking this DIM Plus, her condition drastically improved. I don't know how it works, but after only a couple of days taking the supplements, I have noticed that I am progressing much faster! Little warts are falling off left and right. Although, I will admit that I am taking this in addition to a Multivitamin, Green Tea extract (2 times a day), Vitamin C (2 times a day), Cartenoid Complex (has lutein and lycopene), and Elderberry extract. However, I believe the DIM Plus is where it's at!!

Also, even though my progress is slow, I believe Veregen was the best choice for me. I haven't really experienced any pain - just some significant itching and irritation from the raised warts (two nights I had trouble sleeping). I have a VERY low threshold for pain, so I knew that the other procedures and acids out there probably weren't for me. People have mentioned that progress with Veregen is slower than with other medications; however, I have a pretty severe case and Veregen eliminated all the warts in my anal area within a little over a month. Also, I would much rather have a slightly longer recovery period with little pain using Veregen than a shorter, extremely painful experience with anything else. Besides, Veregen brings out ALL the warts and kills them all, even the ones that you can not initially see. The green tea works in two ways - it pumps up your immune system to fight the warts and the green tea acts as an antiviral - killing the warts at the same time.

One important thing I did notice with Veregen! You put it on three times a day and the cream tends to pile up and clump in certain areas. You will be tempted to peel back the layers or reduce the clumping (you might think the warts are dead). Try not to do this! I did this for a long time before I realized that this was preventing the medicine from killing the entire wart. If the area gets moist, put a tissue over the area and pat it dry before you apply the next layer of medicine. The warts will come off when they are ready - usually as you are applying the next layer of medicine (it is sticky, so old, dead warts will come off as you are applying).

One of the positive things about genital warts - the sense of utter satisfaction, relief, and joy you experience when another wart comes off!!!! It's a great feeling. You really need that encouragement constantly when you are battling these things - it''s easy to get beaten down when you are in the middle of treatment, itching like crazy, and you don't recognize your own body anymore. But hold on - there is an end. I am not there yet, but I am getting there and you will to.
hpvgal
New User
New User

Return to Treatment Options