Veregen - What should I be expecting?

Discuss the various treatment options with others. Find the option thats best for you.

Moderator: moldy

Veregen - What should I be expecting?

Postby NewGuy » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:25 am

Hey everyone...

So I'm a guy and I got my diagnosis two weeks ago. What a bummer. I won't waste time venting here about how I now feel ashamed and disgusted with myself and that I will never find someone to accept me now (I will probably do that under another topic), but essentially my doctor has prescribed Veregen for me. I told my doctor I wanted him to freeze off all the warts we could find (most of them are quite small....this is not what they showed me in health class which lead to some hesitation in going to the doctor...I was actually misdiagnosed TWICE until I went to a dermatologist and he told me what was up!!) and then in between visits I would try using Veregen on anything new that popped up. I'm having a bit of trouble understanding how long it should take Veregen to work. The manufacturer's website states that most people use it for 16 weeks, but for some reason I'm under the impression that it won't take this long to get rid on an individual wart that I have just started applying it to (but rather, it usually takes 16 weeks to get rid of ALL your warts). If I start applying it to a wart today...should I be seeing some sort of effect in a week or two or does it take a while for this to take effect? What can I expect to happen? I've been using it for about a week and a half and it doesn't seem to be doing much to the little warts I found after my visit. It is irritating the hell out of my skin that doesn't seem to have any warts (areas that are near where I'm applying the medicine). These areas are red, irritated, dry, and seem to have teeny tiny little scabs forming (I don't know how to explain...they are like tiny little dark/blood spots). Furthermore, it seems that some areas are much more sensitive to the cream then others. The underside of my shaft and my scrotum have a tendency to break out with this irritation much more than the top of my shaft. Anyway, the warts themselves don't appear to be reacting much to the drug although it has only been a week and a half. Thoughts on how this should progress? Should the warts be turning all nasty or is this something that makes the warts slowly go away? Does anyone have any good resources or reading material for this drug (other than the mfg's website)? Does anyone have any suggestions for the next drug I should try if this one doesn't work (which really sucks if it doesn't because from what I have heard it has a really low reccurrence rate)? This seems like it is going to be a very expensive trial and error process...

Thanks for your replies!!
NewGuy
H-elps alot!
H-elps alot!

Re: Veregen - What should I be expecting?

Postby NewGuy » Sun May 16, 2010 6:28 pm

Just wanted to post an update...I have been using Veregen for about 4-5 weeks now. Unfortunately, it hasn't done much to the warts although it irritated my skin pretty badly. Redness, flaking, and inflamed hair follicles were about the worst of it, but unfortunately there was no effect on the warts themselves. I am still unsure how long it is supposed to take for me to start seeing some effects. Everything I read says "16 weeks to clear them up", but it doesn't say anything about when it should start to take effect. I'm considering trying Aldara or Condylox soon, but will see what the Doc says. I'm a little disappointed that no one chimed in on using Veregen...is this a lesser used drug to treat GWs?
NewGuy
H-elps alot!
H-elps alot!

Postby NewGuy » Tue May 25, 2010 1:32 pm

here is another update for anyone following this thread. I've hit the 6 week mark and am still not seeing much. The irritation/inflamation seems to have subsided. The warts themselves are not having much of a reaction other than seeming less prominent are raised than other times. The still seem to be flesh colored...maybe a little pink. I'm somewhat disappointed in the results after 6 weeks and am probably goin to switch to something else as I'm almost out and don't want to drop another $200 on this stuff if I'm ot even sure it is working. I've got a script for condylox and may switch soon unless anyone had a similar experience before the veregen kicked in? Again,the directions say it may take up to 16 weeks to get rid of everything...but makes no indication of what I can expect to see up to that point. Right now, it doesn't appear to be doing a whole lot for me. Would love to hear other people's experiences with Veregen....
NewGuy
H-elps alot!
H-elps alot!

Postby NewGuy » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:57 pm

I thought anyone thinking about Veregen might want to take a look at this study that I found on PubMed. It tells you what you can expect from using Veregen. I only used it for about 6 weeks. I'm not sure what it means about "significance was observed at weeks 4 & 6". I got up to week 6 and while stuff was happening to my junk, it didn't seem to be destroying the warts. I'm thinking of giving it a try again.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18515521
NewGuy
H-elps alot!
H-elps alot!

Postby NewGuy » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:02 pm

I thought anyone thinking about Veregen might want to take a look at this study that I found on PubMed. It tells you what you can expect from using Veregen. I only used it for about 6 weeks. I'm not sure what it means about "significance was observed at weeks 4 & 6". I got up to week 6 and while stuff was happening to my junk, it didn't seem to be destroying the warts. I'm thinking of giving it a try again.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18515521
NewGuy
H-elps alot!
H-elps alot!

Return to Treatment Options