Liquid Skin Bandages?? My experience:

Discuss the various treatment options with others. Find the option thats best for you.

Moderator: moldy

Postby Brit54 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:12 pm

wow...i was just at the store today..damn. im gonna check this out.
Brit54
H-elps alot!
H-elps alot!

Postby gemz47 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:47 pm

OK so out of curiousity I tried the liquid bandages, and low and behold, my warts got smaller. I just found out about my warts like a few weeks ago, and since have had many warts pop up. I've been on aldara for a week, and haven't had any side affects such as itching or redness.

Well, I'm not quite sure if it's the aldara or liquid bangages doing it, or maybe both, but here's the story: I forgot my aldara at my dorm, so this past friday [it's monday now] I missed that dosage. I've been only using it for a week and haven't seen ANY changes (in fact, some new ones popped up). Well, on Friday, since I didn't have my aldara, I decided to just use a little liquid bandages on my warts to see what would happen. Within a couple of days, the warts got A LOT smaller. I applied some on Thursday night, Friday night, and Saturday night (leaving it on for a few hours before I would shower) and each time, I've actually noticed improvements. Since I'm back at my dorm, I'm going to go back to my aldara and hopefully things will get better...but so far so good.!
gemz47
H-elper
H-elper

Postby Lefty » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:22 pm

you see?? This is really weird!! So, I have been using it, and a lot of the warts are smaller. A couple are the same, but nome are larger!! This is fascinating! I actually have a couple that have completely disappeared! hmmmm.....i hope this keeps up!! :D
"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'"
Lefty
H-ercules Poster
H-ercules Poster

Postby redfruitloops » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:39 pm

yes... very interesting... verrrry interesting!

mine are just about ALMOST GONE! :):):)
redfruitloops
H-ercules Poster
H-ercules Poster

Postby sydney » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:47 am

how often should the liquid bandage be applied? and when?
sydney
H-elper
H-elper

Postby freedom934 » Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:04 am

Hey guys, I was reading your thread and was *hoping* I could lend a little insight into why the liquid band-aid may be working so well... it's the student nursing thing rearing it's ugly head. Forgive me!!!

HPV is (obviously) a virus, and like any virus, it's a living thing that requires oxygen to survive and multiply. When you take that away, like with the L.B., you're depriving it and the surrounding cells of O2 so it dies much faster than if it were left to run rampant... much like you may have heard people put duct tape or clear nail polish on plantar warts. It makes sense when you think about it... wish I had thought of it!!! It's probably not a good idea to go hog-wild with it, though, because the cells down there are more delicate than regular skin... you can probably do a lot of damage.

I took the *long*, hard way out and just waited for mine to go away. It took about five months, but all clear now. This forum really made me feel so much better and SO not alone, which really is the hardest part of over coming the virus. I love that we can be open and honest here!!! I know it may sound trite, but thank YOU ALL for being so real...you have no idea how much you've done for me!
freedom934
H-elper
H-elper

Postby redfruitloops » Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:55 pm

yes, i was thinking that it dried out the warts! you're probably right. :)

congrats about clearing!
redfruitloops
H-ercules Poster
H-ercules Poster

Postby brianna » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:49 am

Hello,been reading about the liquid bandaide stuff,went out and got some.Tried the finger nail polish,wouldnt stay on.I have also startes taking Tagamet they say it has cleared up hpv.Has anyone tried it?Would apprceiate any comments,Im about desoerate.
brianna
New User
New User

Postby redfruitloops » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:52 am

Tagament, the heartburn medication? Please be careful when using any OTC treatment without doctor's advice..

Brianna, when you say you are desperate, have you seen a doctor yet? Have you received any treatment from them? If not, you should try those first before trying to get rid of them on your own! :)

Please let us know how it goes, and good luck!
redfruitloops
H-ercules Poster
H-ercules Poster

Postby Lefty » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:49 pm

get this...my husband's MD rec he take an OTC heartburn med while treating the warts. He said he has read that for unknown reasons, warts clear up faster in persons taking OTC meds for heartburn...Weird! We never took the meds, tho.
"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'"
Lefty
H-ercules Poster
H-ercules Poster

Postby morgan15 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:16 pm

hey guys...about a year ago on this forum there was someone touting that Tagamet did some good in ridding of warts.... so he tried it for himself and kept all of us informed each step of the way..it was pretty funny... but nothing came of it. Just a heads up.
morgan15
H-ercules Poster
H-ercules Poster

Postby justmyluck » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:20 pm

Hey everyone,

I know I am alittle behind in the postings, but I read this one and ran to the store immediately. I had just noticed my warts about 2 days before hand, diagnosed a day before... and they are practically gone and it has only been 4 days.

So AMEN to the person who figured this one out. What a relief!
justmyluck
New User
New User

Postby Starling » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:35 pm

How long did it that this to work?
Starling
H-elps alot!
H-elps alot!

Postby schwam_doo » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:32 pm

I would really push the fact that you should all be careful when trying these, so called miracle cures! I understand that we all want this to be over, and to have it cleared up in 2 days, but unfortunatly that is not how HPV works.

Using liquid bandages, taking tagement, nail polish remover etc, may clear the visible remains of a wart, but it does not rid you of the HPV virus. Your body must adapt to this virus and kill it, before HPV is gone. I see a lot of new people in these forums, and it worries me that HPV is getting more rampant than it already is. If people are thinking that when a wart disappears they have kicked HPV they are terribly wrong.

I have said this a million times in this forum, just try and get healthy. Do a search for strengthening your immune system, and make subtle changes in your life. HPV is not welcome in our bodies, and it takes time to mount a defense against it. Lathering yourself up with chemicals is not the answer, it might be a quick fix, but just like the duct taped kitchen sink I used to have, its not going to last.

I really feel for everyone who gets HPV, but I have to push the fact that patience is really the only way to overcome it completely. We all have to remember that being a part of this forum means that we are being educated about the topic. If we are educated that really puts a responsibility on our shoulders to make the crucial decisions that can lower the spread of this virus. I wish everyone the best of luck, and hope that this helps a few of you! Peace.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others!
schwam_doo
Super H-elper
Super H-elper

Re-Occurace?

Postby PMAinChicago » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:36 am

Ok, for those that have tried the LB treatment, have any new ones popped back up in the same area or other areas after this? IF so, did you treat those new ones with the LB and have similar reactions?

What about using Aldara 3X a week and using LB on the "off days"...

Thoughts?

And yes, as we are clearing ourselves of the "visual signs" of the virus, our body still needs to clear the virus out of our systems. IMO, HPV is not coursing through your blood, nor is it in body fluids. It is in the skin itself, in the localized areas you see lesions. It is true that it is probably in adjacent skin cells as well, but removing a large growth/concentration of HPV from the body will help to keep it from spreading and hopefully allow your body to attack the smaller infection points that might now show visual symptoms.

Leading a healthy lifestyle and making changes to stay healthy, both physically and mentally will help your body to recognize HPV. By not having the visual symptoms your mental health will probably improve a little and not be causing such a stress on the physical body.

Just my thoughts and I'm rambling... anyway, for those that have used the LB in conjunction or alone, how long has it been since new ones "popped up" and did they react the same way once treated w/ LB?

Thanks,
----------------------------
"All we have to fear is, Fear itself!"
PMAinChicago
H-elper
H-elper

PreviousNext

Return to Treatment Options