Normal Pap, Positive HPV... Scared

Have you had HPV for more than a year?

Moderator: moldy

Normal Pap, Positive HPV... Scared

Postby Hmp8982 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:54 pm

A little history.. In 09 I had my first abnormal pap, they did a Colpo that was fine, then they followed it every 6 months for a year and it was still abnormal and they diagnosed me with high risk hpv.. so we did another colpo and biopsy and ECC. Everything came back good.. So they followed me every 6 months for a year.. And every pap after the colpo was normal. I got pregnant in 2011 and it was normal then and normal after.. So 3 normal paps in a row.. Even with pregnancy. I forgot to go in 2013.. I just forgot.. But remembered this year. Well I went and it was normal again.. Which is great! But.. This was the first time since 2010 they checked for HPV because I am now over 30.. And the HPV was positive! I was shocked because I thought for sure that since everything cleared up, that it went away.. And my OB suspects maybe it did and it's resurfaced.. Because my body obviously fought it off first time. I just wasn't expecting this. But she said since I've had consistent normal paps.. And it's still normal now..They would just have me come back in one year for repeat pap and HPV. She said that I don't have anything to worry about at this point and it could clear out on its own again.

But I am so nervous and scared of this turning into cervical cancer. Terrified of leaving my son and not being able to see him grow up. Terrified so much that I have done nothing but research stuff on the Internet.. I've even talked to my OB and two times to a nurse in the phone. They all reassure me but I go back to feeling this way. I know most things on the Internet are worst case scenarios and don't account for the 99% of people who turn out fine. I know googling is the worst thing you can do. I have been paralyzed by fear over this. All the googling has left me worried I'm going to have bad cells hidden in my cervical canal that the pap missed and if I should push to be seen in 6 months or push to do the genotyping or a colpo.

So, I was hoping to find some other women out there with similar experiences. I'm wondering if any of you have had a scenario like mine where it went away and came back? Or have been HPV positive with normal paps.

My husband and I would like to try for one more baby before 35.. But I'm so worried now. Any reassurance, experiences or anything that could encourage me would be great! I Just want to be able to relax and enjoy my life and not worry so much over the next year while I wait.
Hmp8982
New User
New User

Re: Normal Pap, Positive HPV... Scared

Postby calinsandu » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:29 am

I found out I had HPV high risk about 1 year ago. It was devestating to me, I thought I was going to die. I booked an appointment and went to see a gynae in town and he prescribed me Cervugid for 3 courses with break 7days after each cours and told me to come after I finished this treatment. After I followed this treatment I was scheduled again to repeat all medical tests. The results were better. My obgyn said to repeat the treatment again with 3 courses same schedule.
After 6 months of treatment and fears I am happy to say that the treatment worked.
Now I am completely cured of HPV
calinsandu
New User
New User

Return to 1+ years with HPV