14 and have genital warts never had sex?!!!

Moderator: moldy

14 and have genital warts never had sex?!!!

Postby christine » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:43 pm

k im 14 years old never had sex and im really worried because i think i have genital warts... i had one for about 3 months and just today i noticed another one!!! im really scared to tell my mom because she might think that i've been going around having sex.. i mean i have'nt!! i have some warts on my foot but its not like i ever put my foot up there lol...but yea PLEASE someone help i have no idea whats happening and im kinda getting worried!!
christine
New User
New User

Postby rogue4 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:22 pm

Excuse me for being blunt. When you say virgin, does that also mean you never rubbed genitals together with another person? What about mutual masterbation? Where one person touches their own genitals, and then goes on to touches the other person's without washing their hands first. Though I don't know how common that is, but I have heard that is possible. Same with sharing adult toys without cleaning them properly before use. No penetration needed. HPV is contracted via skin to skin contact. Doesn't need penetration.

If you are indeed worried about down there, you really should say something to your mom. That way she can take you to a Dr. Chances are, if you haven't had sex, or done any of what I said above, then you don't have genital warts. You also can not get genital warts if you've had warts on your hands/feet. Like if you have one on your hand, and touch yourself down there, you will not get warts. All warts have areas of the skin they like to inhabit. Just like if you touch your genital warts, does not mean you'll get a wart on your hand. Though I do suggest washing your hands for santitary reasons after the fact. Anyway, I wouldn't worry about warts. Could be anything. Talk with your mom, but leave the genital warts/HPV words out of it. Why alarm her when you don't even know for a fact? Let the Dr take care of the diagnoses.

Now if you have come in contact with HPV via the ways I suggested above, then you still need to see a Dr. asap. That way treatment can start, and the warts do not get any bigger. Bigger they get, the harder they'll be to get rid of them. You'd have to eventually tell her one way or the other, if that be the case.

Right now, don't worry about HPV. Just get yourself to a Dr, and get the bumps diagnosed. Could be nothing serious. Goodluck.
rogue4
Super H-elper
Super H-elper

Postby christine » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:13 pm

thanks sooo much you REALLY helped me out!! o and i've never done anything of what you said (ex. rubbing genitals) so i'll see what it is.. kinda scared to tell my mom but u've given me the courage to do it :D thats again!
christine
New User
New User

Postby Quinf » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:00 pm

What did it turn out to be? if you don't mind me asking.
Quinf
New User
New User

Return to Women's Sexual Health