A positive story...

Post about how you dealt with HPV, and how your life is now!

Moderator: moldy

Re: A positive story...

Postby torontoGIRL1987 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:26 pm

staying positive wrote:2 years and counting...

Hey!! Congrats on two years!! Have you ever infected someone since youve been clear??

I want to start having sex again in a monogamous relationship in a few months because I am totally clear but I am scared of still being contagious?

Have you been with someone since and NOT given it to them?
torontoGIRL1987
H-elper
H-elper

Postby staying positive » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:16 pm

I didn't have sex until I was clear of symptoms for 3 months. I wanted to follow my Dr's advice as well as the advice from the FAQ section of this site---also to be honest---I wasn't feeling very confident and was in no mood to have any kind of sexual relations within these first 3 months.

This sexual relationship after 3 months of being clear, lasted less than 2 months because the girl I was seeing, moved to England. We used condoms each time, and are still friends today. She has never mentioned anything about an STD nor do I suspect she has had any issues. I'm very confident given her openness and honesty, that she would have mentioned it to me if anything had occurred.

After about a year of being clear, I was in another relationship that lasted about 3 months [this time it was me who moved]. I was pretty adamant about using condoms every time, but my girlfriend would get irritated by the latex in the condoms and convinced me to skip the condom a few times. I decided to go back to using condoms---despite 3 dr's advice that after 3 months of being clear, everything would be ok---because I still wasn't confident about the risk of spreading infection. We are still in contact via facebook today and I have No suspicions that she has had any issues.

Currently I'm in a new relationship which I think will last for a while. We began being intimate over 3 months ago. It wasn't our brightest decision but the first time we had sex [over 3 months ago] we didn't use a condom. The next day we decided we should use condoms going forward. For the next 2 months we diligently used condoms, avoiding all genital contact without using a condom. After 2 months of this, we decided she would go on the pill and for the last month we have not been using a condom. It has been roughly 14 week since we had unprotected sex and she is symptom free.

So to answer your question, No, none of my sexual partners has had any issues nor am I expecting or worried that they will be. I believe the 3 Dr's I've consulted and the advice of the Dr. H listed in this sites FAQ section.

Each situation is different as is each person's body. My advice would be to wait 3 months after being clear, make sure there is no uncomfortable genital itching [which is a symptom of an active virus], see a Dr if you haven't already, and use condom's until you are more confident and comfortable that your body has successfully suppressed or cleared the annoying virus.

Keep your head up, Toronto girl, you'll be fine; just like new, ha. I was helped by some great people on this site when I was in your shoes, so I hope to pass along the info and my experiences to help others who have similar concerns. Let me know if you have any other questions.
staying positive
H-elps alot!
H-elps alot!

Postby staying positive » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:00 am

2 years, 8 months and counting...
staying positive
H-elps alot!
H-elps alot!

Postby staying positive » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:17 am

4 years and counting...

Don't worry, just give it a little time. Everything is going to be just fine.
staying positive
H-elps alot!
H-elps alot!

Postby rduNC78 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:11 am

wow stayingpositive!

congrats on the longevity of clearance!

could you please share May how bad was your initial symptoms/outbreak was? was it a few definitive warts that got better over time. or did the initial infection spread first before responding to treatment.

Of course, time will tell if my body can clear things up, but it seems that I'm dealing with initial outbreak that is just getting worse despite treatment.

many thanks!
rduNC78
New User
New User

Postby staying positive » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:47 pm

One day I notice about 7 or so GW's on my penis shaft and scrotum. I treated them with apple cider vinegar. They turned black and fell off. Then they came back again after a day or so. I treated again. They turned black and fell off. They came back. I treated again, and they've been gone ever since. Start to finish, the whole process took 7 weeks.
staying positive
H-elps alot!
H-elps alot!

Postby rduNC78 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:26 pm

staying_positive!!!

I can't thank you enough for this thread and returning to the forum even though you're in the clear. I imagine most people who are fine and have resolved their GW issues are simply relieved and then do not come back to the forum. Your story and sharing information is extremely helpful. That's very nice/considerate of you!!

It's nice to know good people are out there helping others.
rduNC78
New User
New User

Postby freenclear » Sat May 10, 2014 6:30 pm

Hi,

I found one small wart before it was anything, had it treated a couple of times over maybe a month with cryotherapy. It's over FIVE years later and I've never had a recurrence. After the relationship I was in at the time of the wart ended I waited 6 months to resume dating/sex and have since had several partners, but to my knowledge never infected anyone (I still have contact to almost all my exes). Live healthily and have hope!

My whole story and struggles about disclosing are here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14647

Lots of love!
freenclear
New User
New User

Postby big4thomas » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:46 am

Hello every my name is ann and im 29 years of age and i was diagnosed with hpv about 9 months ago now and i feel like im in prison my doctor really didn't explain to me what it is she just basically said im stuck with it for life.Sideways Im so very sad I think i may get a new doctor because my doctor didn't provide much information about my hpv except that is high risk. After a few months, with no result, trying everything, i googled and found this website curehpvforgood.com that has a natural cure. After trying it, went to the doctor for another test and he was amazed by the result. No Hpv. You should try it. You got nothing to lose.
big4thomas
New User
New User

Postby imiquimodbuy » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:07 am

Thanks.
imiquimodbuy
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Success Stories